If your reading this story, then you know that my family eats, sleeps and breathes baseball.
Andy, Kyle and I all started playing ball when we were around 3 or 4 years old. We were on the Louisville Park District's Famous "Zink's Pee-Wee Power" ball team. I still rememeber getting our picture taken for the first time wearing our orange team uniforms. Now when I say uniforms I mean an orange tee shirt with the team logo, a ratty pair of blue jeans, and a pair of baseball cleats that were probably two sizes too small. Dad and Bud Zink were our coaches, and needless to say I was the only girl on our team - as that became a regular thing!
Those were the good ole days - no worries, just baseball and summertime fun!
Well, it's now 2008 and I am officially OLD. Avery plays in his first pee-wee baseball game tomorrow (Thursday). Although the famous Zink's team has been retired, he is on the "Dawkins Team". I can tell you by looking at roster of his team, there are more girls than boys (i always was a trend setter...HA HA). I can only hope that Avery has as much fun as I remember having at the Louisville park - no worries, just baseball and summertime fun. Maybe he'll look back in his memories some day and remember having his first team picture taken :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



1 comment:
Ah, the good old days. I can still remember one hot summer afternoon out at the park, you and Andy started arguing about "throwing strikes" or safe or out call, and then you just taking the bull by the horns and throwing him down and beat him up. I just watched in awe, and went and sat in the dug out. Also, I still remember wearing that stupid Baltimore Orioles Helmet everywhere I went.
Good stuff Jodi...keep them coming.
Zinko
Post a Comment