Friday, October 23, 2009

Your opinion...you probably know mine:)


After the Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest last year, Avery had to step up his decorating skills to up the ante. He is a big kindergarten kid you know! So this year, I have scoured pictures for the last month looking for the right kid friendly pumpkin ideas. After much debate, Avery choose the pirate ship model. Wednesday night Doug was out of town and Braden stayed all night with Mamoo & Papa - that left Avery and I pumpkin time! The one thing about this pumpkin contest is that I wanted Avery to do the work, but for us to have a little time enojy ourselves with his project...with that said I did cut Avery's pumpkin & the gourd and yes I purchased a pound of carrots LOL But Avery did an awesome job making his pumpkin his own!
We had fun drowning the pirates in pumpkin mush and cleaning all the seeds from my carpet LOL After 2 hours of fun, we took a few pictures of his beauty!
Thursday night at the school party - I told Avery that he did win last year, and don't expect a prize. Avery was really proud when his older cousins (7 & 10) were showing off his ship very proudly to all their friends- that was better than any award. So maybe next year we can beat the cat pumpkin, but until then AARRGGGHH....we will be preparing for next year's contest with 2 entries ~ Avery & Braden HA HA HA HA HA HA Kudos to all the Kindergarten's pumpkins. I really thought they were all great & original kiddo decor! Many of the pumpkins were great and all the ones I thought would win something- DIDN'T....but here are a few posted pics. The winner overall was Star Wars....one of the creative ones that we liked!












3 comments:

Sarah D said...

I think the pirate ship was MUCH better than the Star Wars pumpkins!

You guys are so creative. I love it!

Lori said...

I personally was very impressed with Avery's Pirate Ship. I like those styles much better than the painted ones. There were lots of good ones and it seems to get harder every year. My kids opted out this year, they had no interest.

GREAT JOB AVERY! I liked your Pirate Ship!!!!!

Megan said...

I thought Avery's pirate ship was great! I am eager to see what next year will bring!