Monday, August 24, 2009

7 years


On August 24, 2002, I officially became Jodi Schneider. Yep - 7 years ago, I took the big plunge into marriage to ol Doogie. Of course we have had our ups and downs, but amazingly enough we have survived:) I will have to say the best marriage advice I have ever gotten was from Doug's Grandpa Popeye Rubsam - " Honey, marriage is easier if you make it a yearly contract...I have made it through 50 + contracts :)" Popeye was being funny yet serious at the same time. I did understand what he was saying though~ too many people look too far ahead into the future. One day at a time (one year at a time) is as far as you need to worry. Needless to say, I guess I will renew my yearly contract. I can't imagine my life without Doug and my wonderful boys. There are days I would like to just throw in the towel, but then I realize there really isn't anywhere else I want to be, than home with all my boys!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats! I have learned that love can be work, and yes you do want to throw in the towel but I love a challenge and the guy I married:) Hope you two had a good evening, if not make plans to do something without the kids it makes you a better couple.

DeAnn said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary!! Ours is coming up on Sep. 21st..also 7 years!!