Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Winner and Halloween fun!




Friday Night was our Halloween party at St Joe. We had supper, the kids dressed up in costumes, and we took our decorated pumpkin for a contest. we had a lot of fun. Avery really likes hanging out with his school buddies and showing Braden HIS school! Avery dressed up like a football player ( as he and the Dorn boys were all Chicago Bears) Braden was a baseball player like his Uncle Kyle. When we left Friday night, we had not won a pumpkin prize - the yellow chicken won the preschool prize. we took our pumpkin home to proudly display it on the garage workbench! But this morning, as I took Avery to school they told us Avery had a gift card waiting in the office because he won the BEST OVERALL PUMPKIN! How cool is that?! Thanks to St. Joe school for a great Halloween party for the kids and family and a special thanks to Father Jerry and the pumpkin contest judges for our vote of best pumpkin. I am glad Avery won a prize - but it really was worth the time to just make the pumpkin and watch Avery work so hard on it. I guess hard work does pay off.

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

SWEET JUSTICE!!

When I saw you Saturday and you told me his pumpkin had not won, I was formulating a plan to start a petition! He had been wronged.

That was just the best pumpkin ever and I am so glad he got the props he deserved.

Sarah

--by the way, it was great to see you Saturday as well. Your boys are adorable!

Megan said...

Jodi I am looking at Avery's gift card thinking I hope I remember to get this to you! I will put it in my purse if I forget just remind me wed. morning. Congrats Avery you did a great job!

Sarah D said...

Jodi,

They made Avery's pumpkin on Regis and Kelly this morning.

Your son's looked SO much better than the one they made.

Sarah