Most of our weekend was spent camping on the river in Newton. I am not the biggest fan of camping - but needless to say Doug is. So, I agreed to spend one night and two days at the family cabin. All in all, it does have running water and a toilet. Those are definitely two bonuses in the adventure of camping. Saturday we had a fish fry with a few friends and family. Sunday we went down to the sandbar, did some fishing, and had a family get-together for a wiener roast. It really was a pretty good time, but Doug just can't figure out why I don't like to go camping on every holiday weekend during the year. I don't know why he can't figure out that packing the entire house for two days, 2 kids (one in diapers), DIRT, air mattresses, mosquitoes, DIRT, cooking, unpacking, DIRT and the cleaning it requires when we get home -isn't really fun for me? Well - it's over until the next holiday weekend - I hope.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



5 comments:
I know exactly what you mean!! Larry's parents bought a camper about a month ago so we've gone a couple times. Luckily, all we have to do is pack clothes and a few toys for the boys, but it makes for good memories.
I totally understand the packing and planning. Guys just don't think of that stuff. All they have to do is get in the car. Must be nice!
Seriously - and I really want my own bathroom and my own bed!
Alexis brought a lot of that DIRT home with her. I said NO to this trip, didn't want to deal with an 8month old at the river. Maybe next year. One river trip a year is enough for me and we even took the motor home last time. I agree with the packing thing. It is just our motherly instinct to pack everything. You never know what you will need. All the men need is -----US WOMEN!
Sometimes I think I want to be a man. Not have to worry about anything but when my next meal was!
I am trying to teach the boys to be self sufficient. Oh well it looks like you made some good memories and the kids had a good time I am sure.
Post a Comment