Thursday, September 25, 2008

I give you the next US President...Abe Lincoln?


In my older and wiser years, I have been paying closer attention to the politics and the recession of the good ol' US of A. I received this email - kind of made me wonder if I could just vote for a write in - Abe Lincoln. I feel if I vote for him, I wouldn't have to question my integrity on voting for Change or Senior Citizen Tactics. These are the words from Honest Abe below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

--- Abraham Lincoln ---


Anyway - why can't someone with all the answers to our past 100 years of economical mistakes step in and solve this American Chaos in November....do you think Bewitched could just twitch her nose for us?

So, from this Southern Illinois Girl - I am not sure if my vote really counts anyway (pretty sure Chicago swings our states vote in the electorial ballot decision) , but I will vote my ballot in November because it is my right as a free US Citizen. I am still contemplating though: Abe Lincoln?

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

No matter what you think---YOUR VOTE MATTERS!!!

Florida gave us proof that every vote does count. And what an honor and a privilage it is to vote.

My cousin turned 18 a few days ago, she was so excited, not to be able to by smokes or porn, but because she gets to vote.

Remember that excitement, pass it on to your kids.

jodi said...

AAAHHH - Sarah! I love your spirit! I will vote...I always vote...and I am very proud to vote.
BUT - seriously this country is hurt'n for certain.

Megan said...

this country is hurtin and I feel sometimes that my one vote is not going to matter. I guess it does though. I just don't know what I am going to do. Guess I better start doing some research. I am not a big political person anyways.