As you all know, this week begins a new era for Avery, PRESCHOOL. We have open house tomorrow night. We will get to meet his teacher, see his classroom, and so on. Wednesday is the first day of school for k-12. Preschool will start for Avery on Friday. I know this week isn't going to be a piece of cake by any means - I just hope it's at least a cookie crumb!
I have been telling Avery about all the things they are going to learn. I have even used reverse psychology to tell him "Braden isn't as big a boy as he is, and that he is so lucky to be learning all of these new things - in which he can come home and teach Braden" after these things didn't seem to really affect him - I am convinced that bribery will work for at least the first day...LOL
If he can make it through the first week of school, I have wagered a deal to buy him some kind of tractor - backhoe thing at Wal-Mart. Yes I know - it's not the exact parent thing to do....but for about $5 dollars I might have a little ounce of ease into this new world of preschool! So, for anyone out there reading this - send any prayers you can spare to the St. Joe School teachers this week. I can escape back to work after dropping Avery off at school - but boy o' they might have their hands full!



5 comments:
Welcome to St. Joe! Avery will do just fine! School life is definitely interesting. He will have such a great time!
We'll be thinking of you both on Friday. You'll have to fill us all in on how it goes. You've picked a great school for Avery. He'll do great. That picture of him is too cute!
Jodi,
I am a firm believer in bribery parenting!! If you can print a chart off to fill with stickers we are doing it!
This week alone Jack has earned a trip to El Rancherito and a super soaker squirt gun (it was a busy bribe week).
Jack starts pre-school after Labor Day so we have a little while to get used to the idea. Let me know how it goes!!!
Sarah
Jodi,
I was just imspired to write a post about the "bribery parenting" on my blog.
Hopefully I will get some good feedback.
Sarah
maybe Patton and Avery will be in the same class. Patton will be attending mon, wend, half day and Fri all day. He will do just fine, but will mom? I have already been crying off and on all the time. Well if Avery is anything like Patton good luck to those teachers! LOL
Post a Comment